Drive by Wire problem fixed by chipping?

Anyone able to resolve the "drive by wire" hesitation problems in Audi's by chipping it??
Troy "Desperately looking for a good solution!"

"Troy Bruder" wrote

Nope. Chipping does not solve the problem. If you have ESP, you may want to turn it off - it helps a little bit in this case, at least for me.
Cheers,
Pete
I'll try it.. Any way to permanently disable ESP?

"Troy Bruder" wrote

I've read on AudiWorld that it's possible to recode the ECU (with a VAG-COM tool) so that the ESP is permanently off, but I don't know of anyone who's actually tried it. You'd basically have to enter a code for a non-ESP equipped car. In 2001 (mine) A4s came with and without ESP. However, starting in 2002 (B6) they all come with ESP standard, so I'm not even sure what the code would be for a non-ESP version since such thing did not exist...
Cheers,
Pete