fly by wire

Sort-of.

I ran across some step motors that I'm halfway familiar with. They were used in DEC hardware and were insanely expensive back then. Got 'em brand new, old stock for $4 a piece. Whew! I may just be able to make the fly-by-wire throttle controls. They can synchronize against each other! Put one on each carby? Too crazy? (Would run through cable out of the heat.)

Reply to
jjs

Unless they are like 50lbs each and take up so much room you have to punch holes through teh firewall.. at which point he could operate the throttle levers by hand anyway so.....

:D :P

Jan

Ant wrote:

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Wow, that should be the ultimate gizmo for a clean looking engine! Keep us informed.

jjs wrote in this friggin' newsgroup:

Reply to
Ant

They are small, about 4" tall, and they push-pull. 12V. Very cool.

Reply to
jjs

The late model Tahoe has a fly by wire throttle body, perhaps parts could be harvested from the junk yard??

I.

Reply to
P.J.Berg

You would not need very much power if the motors push and pull, you would not need return springs. Let us know how you made out.

Thanks, Butch

Reply to
Anton382

Hey that sounds really cool! Electronic synchronization for dual carbs (if it's done right) should be much more accurate than the cross linkage, no matter how stiff it is. Good luck getting that to work. How are you going to send the electric signals to the servos from the accelerator pedal?

~Anthony

Reply to
Anthony

Throttle position sensor from an EFI car used as a sender ? Would sort of make sense, hehehe :)

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Nope, the little thingamadoo located at the throttle pedal of a late model Tahoe would work perfect without reverse engineering...

J.

Reply to
P.J.Berg

Or about any potentiometer from the accellerator pedal of the later model ford diesels.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

MUADIB®

Don't you just love using new technology for old applications?

haha

~Anth> >

Reply to
Anthony