Engine code AEB: Drive by wire?

Hi All

Does anyone know if any petrol Audi's are drive by wire? Specifically engine AEB (1998) ?

Cheers James

Reply to
James

The 1.8T switch to DBW in 2000 for the A4. Search on the AudiWorld forums.

-- Matt Wheeler

Reply to
snoogans27

Nope. The '98 is still a good old mechanical linkage.

Cheers,

Pete

Reply to
Pete

Which means it's better on the snow, because you can use your brakes while accelerating - as I was disappointed to read the other day, you cannot do so with DBW.

JP Roberts

"Pete" escribió en el mensaje news:brlea6$it2$ snipped-for-privacy@news.onet.pl...

Reply to
JP Roberts

Yup. Plus, with non-DBW you don't have that annoying delay when trying to quickly take off from 1st gear sometimes. A known issue, at least on the B5 A4. DBW can be good, but Audi seems to have f'd up the implementation on this one. I wish mine was a non-DBW.

Cheers,

Pete

Reply to
Pete