high revs during shifting

have a 2000 TT & my problem is if i rev it higher then normal, when i push the clutch in, the engin sill revs high instead of dropping right away.sounds like i'm not releasing the gas. any ideas?

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (T T) wrote in message

Yup. It's an emissions thing to keep your car from spewing raw fuel into the catalytic converter(s). Used to be done with things called 'dashpots' that were vacuum actuated. Now, its most likely part of your engine's electronic controls system.
The 'workaround' I've developed for myself is to lift slightly *before* shifting so the engine revs are already dropping when I declutch. Also makes shifing a lot smoother once you get the hang of it, but it's a real 'finesse' touch that takes some concentration. Don't expect it to be very easy to pull off every time. -- C.R. Krieger (Been there; done that)