Lock doors automatically

Hi there,
I have just bought a new Audi A3 and would like the doors to lock automatically once the gear is put into Drive, or alternatively once the car
is moving.
How do I program this? Can you help?
Thnks Jesper

car
Hi Jesper,
Well, on the TT the autolock function is enabled via the VAGCOM maintenance port. When enabled, the doors lock when the speed reaches about 10 mph. Your dealer should be able to do this for you (although they sometimes do make a charge), if the A3 has this feature.
Cheers.
Moley

ummm what is the point in this? surely they should lock when going below 10mph as an aide to stop car jackers? what is the point in the doors locking above 10mph, I would want my doors unlocked in the event of a crash to make getting out easier, but I can see the benifit of having the doors lock when going slower than 10mph. if its to stop kids getting out or somthing, surely thats what child proof doors are for
ronny
Ronny wrote:

I think you misunderstood. Once you start the car, drive away and reach 10mph the doors will lock. They will *only* unlock once you switch off the engine and remove the ky.
If you need out in an emergency and power is not available, you simply pull on the door lever twice and that door will unlock.
Graham schrieb:

And, according to my dealer, the door would unlock in a crash.
But I did not verfiy this yet *knockknockknock*
W.
Regards
Wolfgang
--
* Audi A6 Avant TDI *
* reply to wolfgang dot pawlinetz at chello dot at *

car