Doors lock automatically when I get to 16 MPH?

How can I remove this feature from my 97 Town & Country. I tried doing the move key to off then on 4 times and then hit the lock button like the manual says but I never here the confirming chime that says it was removed. Is there a trick to remove this feature?

Reply to
PIZ

On the '96 Stratus the dealer had to turn it on or off.

Perce

On 03/22/05 12:56 pm PIZ tossed the following ingredients into the ever-growing pot of cybersoup:

Reply to
Percival P. Cassidy

It should work as you have tried - but it is quite finicky that you must be precise.

You must be inside, and all doors closed! Ignition must be off for at least 20 seconds. Turn key to run and back to off, (without cranking the engine) 4 times. Press the door lock button to the lock position (hold for a second or so).

This is suppose to cycle the rolling automatic lock function to its opposite selection (enabled or disabled).

It should work on 1996 and on.

Reply to
Mike

The manual says go from off to on. Should I go from on to off instead?

Reply to
PIZ

Try it anyways even if you don't hear the chime. It didn't sound on my 99 Durango, but rolling locks feature did get activated.

Peter

Reply to
Peter