Loss of Cabin temp control

Hi all, I have a 2000 A6. Last Friday on the way to work the heat came on and I could not shut it off. I tried everything to turn it off. Turning the
temp all the way down, shutting the system off, pulling the fuses. Nothing worked. A couple of weeks ago the temp coming out ot the vent seemed a little colder then it should be. A couple of times the past few weeks the heat came on briefly but then went off.
I do not have the manuals yet so I dropped it off at the local shop this morning. Anyone have a clue what went wrong? Michelle
--

Michelle P ATP-ASEL, CP-AMEL, and AMT-A&P

"Elisabeth" a Maule M-7-235B (no two are alike)
On Wed, 08 Sep 2004 01:16:50 GMT, Michelle P

Not without a VAG tool...which would make diagnosis way easy...
/daytripper '00 s4 6spd
Well the shop called today. Several codes stored. The Control Module died. Over $500 for the unit ouch!
Michelle
daytripper wrote:

--

Michelle P ATP-ASEL, CP-AMEL, and AMT-A&P

"Elisabeth" a Maule M-7-235B (no two are alike)
On Thu, 09 Sep 2004 00:21:00 GMT, Michelle P

On the up-side, the HVAC system is one of the most heavily monitored of all the functional units on that car that it's almost guaranteed to be fixed on the first try if the VAG tool pilot has any clue at all...
/daytripper '00 s4 6spd