new check engine light after changing battery

I have a 2000 A4 2.8 and I just replaced the battery. Now the check engine light stays on. I did all of the other resets... but is there something
else that needs to be done to reset the computer or something?
I checked the service manual and it doesn't say anything about performing some sort of reset after changing the battery.
You might want to pull the codes and see what comes back.
Ken