1996 Chrysler Cirrus - Check engine light on and battery light on - HELP....

My check engine light is on and the battery light is also on. I have had nothing but problems with this vehicle since I purchased it. It has had four air conditioner compressors replaced to date. NOW, my new problem is: check engine light is on - the machine code states to replace computer, I took it to the chrysler dealer and they will not touch it! Battery light came on at the same time - voltage is fine? The car is very difficult to start and the gas mileage is horrible.

Can someone please help?

Reply to
lacorvino

What codes are you getting?

Reply to
dotsdave

I am not certain what they were, but one mechanic stated the computer needed to be wiped out. I took it to the dealer and they would not touch it? I have been driving it for months now but need to get it fixed. I did changed a temperature sensor on the engine, which one thought might be the problem because my temp gauge will not move as well. I am desperate for assist. Thank you

Reply to
lacorvino

I FOUND THE CODES: PO117, P1493, P0645, P1698, P1695

Reply to
lacorvino

P0117: Engine coolant temp circuit low input P0645: A/C Clutch Relay Control Circuit P1493: Ambient Temp Sensor Low P1695: Manufacturer Control Aux Inputs / Aux Outputs P1698: No ETAX CCD Messages

Reply to
Ed M

I need some help in knowing what I can do to try and get the check engine and battery light off. I have listed the codes above but not sure what I should do?? Does anyone have any knowledge of this problem.

Thank you

Reply to
lacorvino

Reply to