Re: A6 Oil temp? guage

Well, it's *supposed* to be an oil temp gage, and mine will range from zilch (stone cold) to about 250F (after a brisk run on the interstate). It never moves in a hurry though, after hitting the on-ramp it takes at least many minutes to get from 200 to 225. And in the coldest weather I've driven, it is difficult to get the oil temp above 200 *without* hitting the highway.
If the needle is twitching at all, there's something broken or loose. I'd start at the sensor and work towards the dash...
/daytripper '00 s4 6spd
Sorry about the attachment... cut and paste from another board brought over an avatar :-0

have
filter,
Bentley.
and