Re: Constant noise from Audi A4

Thanks, guys, for the ideas. That will help narrow it down.
I do need new brake pads. I just had the rear differential lubrication done (that wasn't the problem), so I suspect brake pads or bearings may be a culprit.
As for the sound itself - I guess 'roaring' isn't the best description. The best description I can come up with is that it sounds like normal road noise - like the sound you'd expect from cruising in your car, maybe with the windows open - but magnified many times. We'll see...

Bearings do last for ages on A4's, mine are still on same ones after 150k miles, if you put bigger rims on they will wear alot quicker.
The sound is a rumbling that is quite noticable in the Audi cabin as it is very quiet inside normally.

my fathers 1997/8 A4 had rears changed at 30K...............