Re: Water in 2000 A6... seeking advice

Blocked drain holes from the windscreen?

A wet carpet/floor mat in the front passenger area used to mean a leaking heater core. But I have no idea about your car as I'm kinda new to servicing Audi's.
Romy
If it's pink in color then the core maybe leaking but I doubt it! Was the windshield recently replaced? Or, first I would check the drains in the cowl area especially if there are signs of leaves lying there.

servicing

Duncan,
Sounds possible, but could you elaborate as to the location of this/these drain hole(s)? Besides, if a drain hole was blocked, is there some other path for water to get into the cabin that was intentionally engineered into the car?
As for the other poster, I'd generally agree about the heater core issue, (I even had the pleasure of replacing one in my old 77 Chevy Nova). But I'd certainly hope that's not the case on a 3 year old 50k mile car on which we have not used the heat (picked it up May 1). Besides, the liquid on the carpet has neither color nor odor, indicating the leakage is not likely coolant.
All comments appreciated.
On 31 Aug 2003 09:52:09 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@munich.com (Avantium) wrote:

Regardless of whatever people here *guess* could be the culprit (and so far the guesses are as good as any) it would seem more expedient to get your garden hose out, put someone in the car with the doors/roof/windows tightly closed, and get on with it...
/daytripper '00 s4 6spd. If it was me, I'd stick the SO in and try to get her wet ;-)
Avantium;
You may want to check AC hoses. I had a similar experience in a vehicle in which the drain hose for the AC had a leak and it would drain into the passenger foot well. No odor as it is only condensed water.
Good Luck.