Regain 99 A4 performance

I just got a '99 A4 1.8T Quattro (74000 miles, I absolutely love it) to replace my '00 Passat 1.8T (43000 miles). I've noticed that the Passat has much more "pop" than the Audi even though they have the
same engine. I realize that there is a 30000-mile difference between the two.
My question is, what do I need to replace/repair to regain the performance?
CS
no, '99 was rated for 185Hp

If he's in the US, both engines are rated at 150hp stock. What he's observing is the additional power loss to the wheels inherent in the quattro system. Also, because of the all wheel drive, hitting the gas pedal does not result in such an abrupt "kick" or "pop" but is more smooth instead. Also, the A4 1.8TQ is several hundred pounds heavier than a FWD Passat.
To the original poster: Assuming your turbo isn't blown, there isn't really anything to regain. You could, however, purchase an aftermarket chip (ECU programming) to increase torque/horsepower. Check out www.goapr.com and www.giacusa.com if you're in the States.
Cheers,
Pete
Chris wrote:

Well, I would check the airmass sensor. Audi's Turbo Diesel Engines have a design flaw with that, therefore the Diesel drivers know, that if the airmass sensor goes, the power drops by some 20 HP.
I found problems with petrol engines and their sensor on the web, and just for peace of mind I would check it out. The airmass sensor is not in the telemetry of the OBD on the diesels, so I assume (sorry, no better info) that it's not in the Diagnostic of the petrol engines either.
There are driving cycles with which an audi dealer can check if the sensor is gone.
On the diesel you can actually unplug the sensor without damage (although the engine goes into safe mode) and test drive to discern if the engine works differently.
Maybe you can do the same on the petrol engine but I have not read about it and I have no idea if it's dangerous for the engine.

Regards
Wolfgang
Thanks guys...
I keep forgetting that I need to specify what country I live in on this board.
I am in the US and both cars are 150hp. I have the GLS FWD Passat. Both cars are gasoline. The Pasast weighs about 3073 lbs and the A4 3200 or so, so there is a minor weight difference.

Remember you are now turning more driveshafts than the Passat.