99 A4 Sunroof...

99 A4 Avant 1.8T

Sunroof is closed but stuck between moonroof pop-up and fully flush. It will twitch when the switch is used but it wont close or open at all.

What am I up against here? Are there some known issues with sunroofs that I can refer to?

Dealer and $$$$ ?

Indy and $$ ?

Me and a wrench?

Reply to
Patrick Owen

Audi sunroofs have always had problems. Before spending a lot of money at the dealer check out this guy's possible fix:

Also, try
anddo a search for keywords sunroof and switch. Good luck. BTW, my 1998 A4 isbeginning to show symptoms of the "possessed" sunroof which opens and closeswithout owner input. It's on my to-do list.

Reply to
Ian S.

You and a screwdriver? It's probably just the switch, which does have a checkered history...

Reply to
daytripper