1998 Audi : A4 1.8T quattro

I am looking to buy a 1998 Audi : A4 1.8T quattro. I looked under the hood and by the looks of it, there is a VW engin in it. 1.8L 20V turbo. Do the A4's and VW's have rufly the same engin?

Thanks

Reply to
frusty via CarKB.com

"frusty via CarKB.com" napisa³ w wiadomo¶ci news:5d016329b6b24@uwe...

Yes, although the Audi version should have had an Audi logo on the cover. :)

TT, A4, New Bug, Golf, Jetta, Passat all used those 1.8T engines, just mounted differently and with different accessories.

Pete

Reply to
Pete

Audi is part of Volkswagen so they share a lot of components such as the 1.8 turbo. It's a great engine but with that vintage you need to know for sure that it's been maintained properly with frequent oil and filter changes else you may inherit a problem with sludge buildup in the engine.

Reply to
Ian S