Small utiliy trailer on my A4

Guys, will my little A4 1.8T engine be able to handle a small utility trailer hitched up. Maybe I should rephrase as whats the max. towing capacity for my audi. Does anyone have any experience.
The better question probably is does anyone have a old pickup for sale.
Tim in Portland
Tim, Considering that people in various microcars tow trailers (ie: Merc. Smart, Heinkel, etc.) as well as motorcycles, I'm sure that the A4 would be able to tow a trailer - not a fifth wheel with a Cat excavator on it of course, but a small utility trailer that you could carry small loads of building materials, etc. or a small pop-up trailer - probably around 1500 lbs. The max. towing capacity should be listed in your owner's manual - there are hitches out there for Audis made by Da'lan and others. Try www.blauparts.com to see if they have any available for your car. Cheers! Steve Sears 1987 Audi 5kTQ - hitchless 1980 Audi 5k - removable light duty hitch - towed a jacked-up pickup once over 100kms and an empty car hauler trailer - not that I'd recommend either, though. 1962 and '64 Auto Union DKW Junior deLuxes - hitchless, but they were available as an option. (SPAM Blocker NOTE: Remove SHOES to reply)

the towing load should not exceed three quarters of the unladen mass of the towing vehicle.