Symphony display

Hi peeps, my 2k reg A4 has a symphony sound system which works perfectly, except for the red LED display which has got missing characters ie stations and stuff have sort of broken up display, some of the little pixle things seem to be worn out, my question is, can the display be replaced? any help appreciated, thanks.

Reply to
me

I'd be surprised to hear the Audi Symphony heads could be repaired. Even when new.

Replaced, yes. Repaired? I seriously doubt it...

/daytripper '00 s4 6spd - all leds still work (fingers crossed :-)

Reply to
daytripper

try pulling the radio fuse, wait a few monents then reinstall. that reboot may fix it.

daytripper wrote:

Reply to
lykins_s

try pulling the radio fuse, wait a few monents then reinstall. that reboot may fix it.

daytripper wrote:

Reply to
lykins_s

Making sure to have the correct unlock code beforehand ;-)

Reply to
daytripper

Thanks for the replies, but the problem with pulling the fuse is that , although i have the code, i cannot see the digits properly because of the broken up display, so its a bit like guessing in the dark.

Reply to
me

If fixing it isn't possible then units come up on Ebay quite regularly and they sell a lot cheaper than the dealers.

I have a spare Symphony but unfortunately it's for an A2 so the faceplate is different. Sorry.

Richard

Reply to
Richard Goulding

Thanks richard, very nice of you to consider my plight, cheers mate, :0)

Reply to
me