UK A4 Pulling Left

Hi folks,
2003 A4 TDi (UK). Bought this used from a main dealer a couple of weeks ago and have noticed the steering pulling left. It's moderate, but noticable
and more pronounced than anything I've driven for a while.
Hold the steering firmly straight and it's fine. Release the wheel momentarily and the steering wheel settles ~5 degrees left. Anything with the slightest camber makes this more pronounced. Tried it on a variety of roads including motorways.
Notice on the 'multipoint preparation' document that on inspection the N/S/F tyre was 5.5mm and O/S/F tyre was 4mm. Perhaps it's been out of alignment for a while? Wish I'd noticed that when I collected it. :-(
Assume this is not normal. (?) Any advice?
I suggest a wheel alignment check

Definitely get the alignment checked - the wear pattern left/right is the wrong way around (think roundabouts) and might be an attempt to disguise a fault.
OTOH, have you noticed a vibration at a given speed? Could indicate stubaxle or suspension damage from a close encounter with a kerb - a replacement alloy & tyre would also account for the discrepancy in tread.
HTH
Hairy One Kenobi
Disclaimer: the opinions expressed in this opinion do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the highly-opinionated person expressing the opinion in the first place. So there!

Will do. I'd wouldn't expect (hope) a main dealer to disguise anything though, especially as it will come out of the woodwork duing the 2 years warranty remaining anyway. (?)

No vibration noticed at any speed. Though I guess modern suspension / steering dampens those sort of things quite well.
Thanks for the advice. Will help if I'm told it's 'normal' or 'in tolerance' or whatever.
Unfortunately this will be the third item that I've needed to go back to the dealer for in the first fortnight of ownership - the first two being a remote key problem that has already reoccured after reprogramming. Not off to a cracking start, but hopefully it will settle down.

Not /that/ well ;o)
Something loose or out-of-alignment will /usually/ show up as a resonant vibration (e.g. at a specific speed, the wheel starts juddering). It's usually quite noticeable, even on an unfamiliar car.
I'm still puzzled about that uneven tyre wear, though - did they declare any damage? (Also remember that it might have been the previous owner that switched wheels. I would have hoped that any damage should probably have shown-up in a cursory dealer check, though)
--

Hairy One Kenobi

Definitely haven't noticed anything.

No damage declared.
Car went back to the main dealer, for this issue (important) and a space remote key problem (which I could wait for). I phoned first to ensure they were *definitely* looking into the pulling as I would defer it if they were not.
On collection, and after three hours wandering around the local shopping centre, the key had been reprogrammed but they hadn't even looked into the pulling issue. However the zero value warranty invoice for reprogramming the key also read 'Attention: Suggest car has 4 wheel alignment for pull to the left'. FFS.
Now I have to wait another 2 weeks for it to go back into service for the third time in what will be by then a little over a month of ownership. Other than routine servicing that's more than the last two Ford's I owned combined over 4 years.
NOT what I bought an Audi for and I'm starting to worry that I've made a big mistake. :-(
<snip>

Is it an Audi warranty, or one specific to the dealer? There are good and bad dealers, no matter what the marque..
H1K

It's an Audi warranty - as it's only a year old. Now I've calmed down, and have a beer on board, ... other than these problems the car is fantastic and realy the issues so far are (hopefully) trivial. While my last Ford didn't require any attention, I wouldn't go back.
Everyone at the dealership has been friendly and apologetic. And they even washed it after fixing the key problem for the second time (though with my red mist I didn't see this right away).
It's probably just a case of the guy who answers the phone not speaking to the guys that do the work. Must remain calmer. Mind you if it's still pulling after the next visit ...