slugish a4 1.9 tdi

i have an a4 tdi 1.9 and it seems to be loosing on acceloraition when i get to 60 and put my foot down it seems to hold back and slowly speeds up has any one got any ideas cheers craig

Reply to
looneytoons

Unplug the MAF (in the air inlet trunking). If it is no worse with it unplugged, replace it. Other than that? Get the codes read with VAG-COM.

Reply to
Chris Bartram

just had a mas air unit as i was told that was the problem but no change but cheers anyway

Reply to
looneytoons

In that case, get a code reader (preferably VAG_COM) on it, and look here:

Chris Bartram

Did you check the vacuum hose which goes to the turbo? I had the same problem, the hose was damaged by a mounting bolt of the turbo. If not then maybe the variable nozzel (VNT) inside the turbo is stucked. If it is stucked I suggest you to let it cleaned before replacing it. You'll find alot of information on the internet about it.

Al

Reply to
Bundy