Upgrades for '04 S4

I just bought a brand spankin' 2004 S4 and I'm in the initial stages of planning for perf upgrades. I had a '97 A4, but I really didn't do anything to it. What are some good suppliers, parts and recommendations for this
operation? Thanks Pete
I just bought a brand spankin' 2004 S4 and I'm in the initial stages of planning for perf upgrades. I had a '97 A4, but I really didn't do anything to it. What are some good suppliers, parts and recommendations for this operation? Thanks Pete
The S4 is already a supercar and I bet you don't have the skills to master what it already has. How about a performance driving school first?
--
_________________________________
http://austinmini.ositech.net

It is refreshing to hear that the suggestion to improve yourself before improving the car. It is incredible to see how many people think that just because they have the cash to buy and drive a great car, that makes them a great driver. As a lead instructor for Skip Barber for nine years and a road racer for 14, I see it all the time. They seem to believe the adage "Speed costs money. How fast do you want to go?" That's fine until they get past the limit of the car (and didn't recognize it early enough), run out of talent, and the other adage comes into play: "Crashes cost money. How hard do you want to hit?"
I'm just thought I'd come to a place were there's a lot of experience with maintaining and modifying Audis and have some fun talking about it.

I'm glad it wasn't just me. But hey I got put in my place good though - rolling eyes.
--
_________________________________
http://austinmini.ositech.net

Oh Pete don't mind me. I am just jealous here with my 01 A4 FWDT.
Have a nice evening.
http://audia4.ositech.net
--
_________________________________
http://austinmini.ositech.net

Don't forget Dave, over on your side of the pond.

I'm sure if you do a google on it there will be something out there. First thing that came to my mind was John Buffum in Burlington, VT. John was SCCA Pro-Rally Champ for many years and modified many of his Audis for rallying. I have an old friend that had John do some suspension work on his rally Audi in the late 80s. Don't do too much modification, else you'll be faster than me. d;o)
Dave (RS6) (Former driving instructor for Sandy Stevens)
I did that already, but I just wanted to check with you guys and figgered you would have the good, the bad and the ugly on all that stuff. Thanks Pete

I did that already, but I just wanted to check with you guys and figgered you would have the good, the bad and the ugly on all that stuff. Thanks Pete

I did that already, but I just wanted to check with you guys and figgered you would have the good, the bad and the ugly on all that stuff. Thanks Pete

"Pete Stolz" wrote

Check these guys out for starters (although there are many other GIAC dealers as well): www.awe-tuning.com
I got the GIAC chip for my '01 A4 from them back when I was still in the US.
Cheers,
Pete (in need of a good winter driving course)

to improve it, other than to remove the ugly antenna hump from it's back.
(Still, I'll prbably buy an 04 eventually, since there's no way I'll every buy one of the new "Big Nose" versions.)
[Snip]

Have you actually seen one in the metal? Don't knock it until you do - the design works much better in real life than in photos.