V60 compatibility for 2003 Audi A4

Hello All,
I'm looking for some information concerning the Motorola V60 and integration with Audi Telematics. My vehicle is equiped with OnStar (Audo Telematics) and prior to my purchase, I aquired a v60 phone from
AT&T Wireless. I am now thinking of completing the package by purchasing the v60 phone kit. I have heard rumors that the only way to get this to work is to specifically purchase the v60 sold by Audi for $350 - Is this true? If so, this sounds crazy to me as you can now get a v60 for free. Is there a way to get my v60 programmed to work in my A4?
Any help is appreciated!
Nelson
Hmmm... From the looks of it, not many people have had experience with the V60/Audi combination... Would anyone have an idea of the next place I should try to find this information? Any other groups out there? Thanks!

Nelson wrote:

I've heard that the firmware in the v60's offered by Audi is different that the one you find in a "regular" v60 and hence will not work in the A4.
For additional information, check out www.audiworld.com
Cheers, RajeshR