1995 525 heater permanently on

Hi folks - I've got a 1995 525, and the passenger side heater is permanently on. The driver side functions as expected, but the passenger gets their legs cooked whatever the controls are set to.
Eastern BMW in Edinburgh Scotland (avoid this garage) replaced the controls at great expense, but I've still got the same problem. I'm taking the car back, but any advice/information would be really appreciated. Many thanks, Joe.

Almost certainly a sticking heater control valve. Eastern are normally pretty good. I'd get a used one from a scrappie.
Thanks very much for the advice.
Joe.
John Burns wrote:

When you say that the passenger 'gets their legs cooked', it is only the footwell vents that are only producing hot air on the passenger side? Or is it the screen vents, face vent's aswell?
Also, is this an E34 or E39?