1995 525i yearly maintenance costs

I am looking at a 1995 525i that is for sale for $8000 Condition is excellent, car is fully loaded, and has 97K miles, and at least on paper, this looks like a good deal.
Having driven only Toyotas all my life, can you shed light on - yearly maintenance costs ?
Toyotas are fairly economical to maintain and they run for a long time without serious breakdowns. Having heard only horror stories on BMW maintenance costs, but of course, great driving pleasure, I want to understand if I can 'really afford' to drive a BMW.
Thanks all.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

I have a '95 525i with 189K. The only thing that's failed so far is the fuel pump at 140K. Still have the original exhaust.
hello, there are 2 sites you need to check out... both specific to the BMW e34 89-95 5 series 525, 535 and 540. join the bimmerinfo site and post your \question there, they will help you quickly! the other site is all about maintenance of the 5 series, it is user friendly and parts are affordable, if you are handy with tools, you will be all set! http://www.bimmer.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f
http://www.bmwe34.net/E34main.htm for do it yourself tips and repair info

IMO, that's about $1,000 too much. Our '91 (granted, with fewer options and the non-vanos engine) is only worth about $4500.

It's probably about due for front-end bushings - anywhere from $500 to $1200 or so. Other than that, see the other sources.

I have two Toyotas and 2 BMWs (and have had two others). IMHO, modern BMWs are no more expensive to maintain than Toyotas. Both make beautifully engineered and manufactured cars.
Floyd