2005 Fuel / Maintenance costs

Well here it is the 4th of January & I'm 4 days late posting my 2005 report on Maintenance & Fuel Cost's.

1991 Bonneville

Mileage - 7,665 ( man that's low) Fill Ups - 27 Fuel Cost - $825.85 Maintenance Cost - $552.38

2005 Park Avenue

Mileage - 19,467 ( May 2 - Dec 31 ) Fill Ups - 50 Fuel Costs - $1594.75 Maintenance Costs - $708.89

Total Fuel Cost - $2420.60 Total Maintenance Costs - $1261.27

Harryface

05 Park Avenue, 33,138 91 Bonneville LE 305,222
Reply to
Harry Face

Harry,

Are you lead-footing that Bonny or what? Only .0819 cents a mile for the Buick (fuel only) and .1077 for the BV :)

Lee

2000 SSEi - 48,750
Reply to
Lee C. Carpenter

I always enjoy comparing this information Harry. I have averaged under $300/ year maintenance on my old Chevys for the last 30 years, but I repair almost everything myself, even the oil pans and door handles. If you are in it for the long haul, you usually get your maintenance costs back in service. You just don't want to get caught over-repairing a car that develops a fatal flaw with age, such as a badly rusted frame or other. Do you see anything on the horizon that would bring the 91' down or will it be maintained in perpetuity?

Reply to
Al Bundy

How many gallons of gas?

Reply to
Eugene Nine

I'll bite. Here's my Fuel cost and maintenence.

2000 S-10. Owned through Aug. 19, 2005 4,977 miles, $764.66 in gas. $857.78 in maintenence.

2006 Grand Prix (Purchased Sept. 30, 2005)

2911 miles. $381.50 fuel, $54.46 ma>
Reply to
Mike Levy

$700.00 maintenance on a 2005 Vehicle? What made that cost so high?

Reply to
James C. Reeves

It's expensive getting those cashmere seats cleaned....

Reply to
Lee C. Carpenter

Eugene asked : How many gallons?

I didn't add up the gallons for this past year.

I did add them up in 2002 on the Bonneville. 2002 saw exactly 34,000 miles. A record 103 Fill ups, Fuel cost was $2078.67 and the gallons used was 1475.32

Harryface

05 Park Avenue, 33,138 91 Bonneville LE 305,222
Reply to
Harry Face

LEe,

Its funny you mention Cashmere. That's the interior / exterior color of the car.

LOL

Harryface

05 Park Avenue, 33,138 91 Bonneville LE 305,222
Reply to
Harry Face

JCR,

All the small Things seem to add up.

Gallon of Dex Cool fAntifreeze Oil. Oil Filters - a case of 12 PF 47's. Air Filter. Cabin Filter. Gas Filter. Wax. Leather cleaner. Wheel Cleaner. Aluminum Wheel Wax. Protectant / Cleaner. Cargo Net. A 2nd set of 4 Floor Mats. Liter basket. Lumber, Stain, hardware & carpet for my floor console.

The big dollar items consisted of a $244.44 wheel replacement and a $140.00 repair bill to fix a wheel.

Harryface

05 Park Avenue, 33,138 91 Bonneville LE 305,222
Reply to
Harry Face

What happened? Very high maintenance for a new car that must be on guarantee. Three or four oil changes is all it should have needed.

Reply to
Spam Hater

His "maintenance" costs are highly inflated by non- maintenance items such as a home made console, extra floormats and a cargo net. I also doubt if he used 12 oil filters during the specified timeline. OTOH, maint costs should be way down for next year. ;)

Dave

Reply to
Hairy

AL,

I'm going to run it till it quits. Then we'll see where were at with it.

Harryface

05 Park Avenue, 33,175 91 Bonneville LE 305,279
Reply to
Harry Face

Lee,

The Bonneville mileage is all city miles now. It doesn't go on the far away out of state trips any more. I did go to the middle of Indiana on Labor Day weekend though.

Its rare it gets on the IL Tollroad anymore either.

Mother won't ride in it anymore.

Harryface

05 Park Avenue, 33,175 91 Bonneville LE 305,279
Reply to
Harry Face

Hairy

Your right, many of the things on my maintenance list were items needed for the car, but were not necessarily maintenance items. I didn't buy any cabin filters for stock, that's for sure - not at $30 a piece. I did buy one gas & air filter for stock.

I bought a case of oil filters because the price is alot cheaper than buying 1- 3 at a time - plus the filters can be used both cars.

I'll probably flush the dirty Dex Cool in April and change Trans oil / filter as well.