Z3 rear window

My convertible top on 1997 Z3 needs replacing.

I noticed the unit has a zipper.

Can this be done by the home mechanic?

How? What tools are needed?

Reply to
ilbimmerfan

In the U.S., plastic window replacement is generally a dealer job - total cost for the window & labor should be under $400.00 U.S.

Tom

Reply to
Tom K.

It's cheaper to take it to someone who know what they are doing, as the DIY'er usually needs to buy a second one after destroying the first.

I noticed the unit has a zipper.

Can this be done by the home mechanic?

How? What tools are needed?

Reply to
CJ

I noticed the unit has a zipper.

Can this be done by the home mechanic?

How? What tools are needed?

Reply to
d h

DIY'er usually needs to buy a second one after destroying the first.

I'm thinking of trying this too (window, not the whole top).

Found this:

Doesn't sound like too bad of a job, but definitely a two-person job.

Reply to
nordo