1996 318 TI FUEL PUMP RELAY LOCATION??? help where is it

Where is the relay. I do not see it in the engine compartment fuse box. It has to exist. Like real-estate, sometimes it is all LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION.
Any replies really appreciated.
Posting for a neighbor kid who owns this nice car as I drive a crappo.
Thanks - mike
On May 5, 8:20 am, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

ALSO if in box, which one is it number next to ??
<quote> Mounted in the left-hand rear corner of the engine compartment, the power distribution box contains 46 fuses and 15 relay positions. </quote>
The Fuel Pump Relay is located in position 1.

this car has no RELAY in POSITION 1.
it is empty
found diagram and no relay in car maybe under dash??
On 12 May 2007 13:32:43 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Might be why you are having problems????

I quoted the service manual. If you haven't got a relay, that could be your problem.
My manual makes no distinction between a 4- or 6- cylinder car.