205 Fuel Pump relay - Location?

Just WHERE is the fuel pump relay located on a 205 1.9 Gti? I have already searched this group for the answer, and it seems that there are a number of possibilities, I have a 1990 H 1.9, and I can't see anything on the drivers side of the dash, in the fuse box, or anywhere around the battery. Please help, as my fuel pump will not turn off when I take the keys out of the ignition, and I have to sit there starting the engine and turning it off again until the faulty relay wakes up and turns the pump off!

Reply to
Macky

On my 405 it was placed in black plastic box on the right side of the engine (front view) with a cable harness going into it... The box had some kind of snap lock and was easy to open and the relay was loosely fitted in there with a plastic strap... The cable harness had some kind of "plastic bag" around it if I remember correctly...

I suspect the 205 has a similar box somewhere under the hood...

I had the same problem with the fuel pump just going on after the ignition was turned off, and in the beginning I turned the ignition on and off a few times until it stopped, but when the relay started to cut off the fuel pump while driving, I replaced the relay (actually with a Citroen one, was cheaper) and all was fine again...

Hope this helps a bit

/Juhan

Reply to
Juhan Palm