1998 740iL Question - Urgent - Thanks In Advance

I have a 98 740iL (production date 05/97). I need to replace the coolant temperature sensor. Ordered and received the part from AutoZone today.
Opened the hood and I cannot find it (LOL) ...
Nothing that resembles the part I have ...
Can someone guide to "exactly" where this "COOLANT TEMPERATURE SENSOR" is located on a 98 (production date 05/97) 740iL.
I have attempted to find "schematics" on-line without any luck.
Much appreciated.
Thanks In advance, Cheers.
zzz wrote:

What's shown in the picture is not the right engine. It is mine 540 but it is getting a 4.0L from a 740. Hope it gives you an idea where to look. Look between the rear of the engine and the firewall on the passenger side.
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b274/yaofengchen/BMW_95_540/DSC_2838.jpg
yaofeng you ARE a good man! We did not even bother looking at the firewall-end ...! Will tackle this tomorrow !
On Tue, 26 Sep 2006 19:43:37 -0700, yaofeng wrote:

zzz wrote:

I checked the ETK of your 740. It appears the two holes on the coolant distribution header behind the engine where I indicated to you are plugged which means the CTS's are moved somewhere else on E38. So don't be surprised you don't find it tomorrow.
If you provide the part number, I am sure others can tell you where to find it.
Kyle thanks for the diagram url ... you had this right. The part from the dealer with my BMWCCA discount $15.00
10 minutes to change ...
Happy to report that there is a ignificant difference in idling etc ... yes, check engine light gone too.
Appreciate the help.
Cheers,
On Tue, 26 Sep 2006 20:37:32 -0700, yaofeng wrote:

See part #9 on this diagram... http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=GJ83&mospidG531&btnr _1535&hg&fg5
You'll see the water pump its located on right on the front of the engine with the fan attached to it.
Kyle. 98 740iL 01 525i