Thanks in advance to group

"jim L" wrote

Thirteen days ago I just bought the 2nd Honda I've ever owned in my life, a 1993 Civic DX, 185 k miles, one previous owner according to Carfax.com. Since then I have been getting it up to snuff, changing the timing belt, water pump, front crank and cam oil seals, tensioner, and coolant; re-building the door locks such that they went from iffy functioning to fully functioning; checking the spark plug wires (they are OEM, dated 1992!); and tinkering to get to know its general condition. I am pretty sure it was traded in partly because the timing belt was due. For me, this is an experiment in buying used. Otherwise, it runs and drives well (knock on wood).

Congrats on your second Honda. :-)

Reply to
Elle

I can't claim to be a Honda expert, but I'll try to help with honest answers when i think they may be helpful. I've read thru a lot of the posts and appreciate the responses I've seen here - especially from Jim Beam & Elle. I Just bought the 2nd Honda I've owned in my life - a 15 y/o Civic EX. The first was an 82 prelude with i think about 60 hp. I sold it somewhere around '96 with about 240 k on it and still running great.

Reply to
jim L