320i stiff accelerator pedal

I have recently purchased a 1988 BMW 320i tourer. The first thing I have noticed is that the accelerator pedal is quite stiff to press down compared to a lot of other cars I have driven. Are all Beamers like
this or is it something I need to fix? The pedal itself works ok but it is just that you need to press on it a lot harder than I would normally expect.

BMW throttles need a bit more force than most other cars, especially Japanese models.
borosteve wrote:

I had an '87 E30 a while back and it was that way. I think I removed one of the two springs on the throttle body and lubed the cable to get it the way I wanted it (less stiff)
--
-Fred W