Micra: stiff accelerator pedal

ust bought a 2001 Micra Activ. The accelerator is very stiff & heavy, compared to my older 1995 Micra. Travelling in stop-start traffic is quite tiring! Is this typical of some Micras, or does it indicate a problem with the accelerator cable or throttle? Thanks Bruce

Reply to
bruce_phipps

I have a K11 (1998) and a K12 (2004) Micra at present and can't say I'd notice any difference between the two. The K12 is an auto, so I'd really notice it if it had a stiff throttle. I guess therefore there must be something wrong with yours.

BobC

Reply to
BobC

It is not meant to be patronising, but are you sure there isn't some carpet holding the pedal up? I often come across this on customers cars, many are shocked at the difference in performance after I cut some carpet away !!

Reply to
Mrcheerful

No, I've checked this.

bruce