BMW Alarm vs. Viper Alarm?

I bought a 2003 330CI (used obviously), the dealer said it had an factory installed alarm. It didnt, so they are going to install an alarm free of charge. Asked me if I wanted the alarm from BMW which
my car is pre-wired for, or if i wanted them to install a Viper system. I know nothing about the 2...can anyone offer any suggestions?

Considering the problems with alarms that I see posted here (aftermarket) and letters to the tech help in Roundel, I would strongly suggest the factory alarm.
Floyd
Agreed.
wrote

wrote

Or you could consider my situation where the factory alarm has failed and will cost 425 to fix. The factory alarm (on my 525) is no better than one I could buy for 99.