Grand Cherokee Alarm Problems

Hello,

I have a 96 Grand Cherokee Orvis Edition and the alarm will randomly set itself off while parked(mostly at night of course!). I know that the alarma nd the locking system are tied together, but is there a way to disable the alarm w/o disprting the locking system? Thanks for any help......

Reply to
Labrat

Labrat did pass the time by typing:

One thing that can do that is a faulty hood sensor switch, they corrode. You can just disconnect it and tie it away from ground. That might solve the phantom alarm. It's located by the battery on the fender. Another cause is the hood not being adjusted quite right and wind/small furry animals/ can cause it to false.

The alarm can be bypassed but not easily. It actually does the remote door locks. Try the hood pin first and see if that helps. I think the dealer can also turn the alarm off (program it off) for your year.

Reply to
DougW

Thanks for the info on that switch. I'll look at that 1st. I knind of had a feeling that the alarm could be disabled through OBD-II. Thanks again.

Reply to
Labrat

Reply to
mic canic