BMW Car Club of America and Roundel Magazine

If you own a BMW or ever think you may ever buy one, you should get yourself a membership in the BMW Car Club of America. There are several benefits, but
the best part is that you get a subscription to the club magazine, The Roundel. This has to be the best, highest quality car club magazine in existence. Production quality is as good as Road and Track or Car & Driver with great feature stories, a big letters section and a big technical Q/A column written by a BMW mechanic who is not shy about telling you when BMW does something wrong in the design of their cars. For example, recent issue had a person asking if he should keep a high miles E36 or trade on an E46. The technical editor provided a long list of screw-ups BMW made in the design/manufacture of the E36 and said he would not own one for that reason. (E46's are better.)
You have to love a single-manqu้ club magazine that is not afraid to skewer their object of affection when it deserves it (and judging by some of the letters Roundel gets, BMW deserves it a lot).
Just join, it's well worth it. You even get a fat discount on BMW's after being in a year.
- nopcbs
Add pictures here
โœ–

What? No mention of the immortal Satch Carlson? 8;)
-- Larry
Add pictures here
โœ–

Roudel is excellent, I'm in Scotland and I'm a CCA member just to get the magazine!
โœ–

BMWCCA Dues = $35.00
Savings on 4 winter tires recently purchased at a local tire store = $50.00 BMW rebate (for club members) on new 2003 Z4 = $500.00 Parts discount at my local BMW dealer = 10%
Plus as others have said, Roundel is more than worth the dues by itself.
Tom
Add pictures here
โœ–
GLitwinski wrote:

I agree 100%.....if you own a BMW and spend money on parts, labor and maintenance (which we all do), that $40 in annual dues is paid back very quickly by all of the discounts that BMW vendors give you. For no other reason than the discounts, everyone should join.
Check out the information about BMWCCA's Gateway Tech happening in March of 2006 in St. Louis.
http://www.bmwcca.org
Tom Allen President St. Louis BMW Club
Add pictures here
โœ–

Anyone know when they're going to announce the raffle results? It ended last month (IIRC).
-Ted
Add pictures here
โœ–
Ted Johnson wrote:

They already called all the winners, Ted.
No - Just kidding. I don't know when...
--
-Fred W

Add pictures here
โœ–
Malt_Hound > wrote:

Latest Roundel has the winner's names....
Add pictures here
โœ–

They're all posted on the CCA website....
http://www.bmwcca.org/members/AM/Template.cfm?Section=Raffle_Winners
Kyle. 98 740iL 01 525i
Add pictures here
โœ–
The tech editor is opinionated and tends to present anecdotal stuff as hard facts. He does have a lot of knowledge, but loses credibility with his sweeping generalizations. I'm also tired of his explaining that he doesn't have access to BMW TSR's anymore the subscription costs a loot of $$. Hell, look at the financials of BMWCCA, and ask yourself why they don't buy a subscription to the damn things.
| GLitwinski wrote: | | > If you own a BMW or ever think you may ever buy one, you should get yourself | > a membership in the BMW Car Club of America. There are several benefits, but | > the best part is that you get a subscription to the club magazine, The | > Roundel. This has to be the best, highest quality car club magazine in | > existence. Production quality is as good as Road and Track or Car & Driver | > with great feature stories, a big letters section and a big technical Q/A | > column written by a BMW mechanic who is not shy about telling you when BMW | > does something wrong in the design of their cars. For example, recent issue | > had a person asking if he should keep a high miles E36 or trade on an E46. | > The technical editor provided a long list of screw-ups BMW made in the | > design/manufacture of the E36 and said he would not own one for that reason. | > (E46's are better.) | > | > You have to love a single-manqu้ club magazine that is not afraid to skewer | > their object of affection when it deserves it (and judging by some of the | > letters Roundel gets, BMW deserves it a lot). | > | > Just join, it's well worth it. You even get a fat discount on BMW's after | > being in a year. | > | > - nopcbs | > | > | | I agree 100%.....if you own a BMW and spend money on parts, labor and | maintenance (which we all do), that $40 in annual dues is paid back very | quickly by all of the discounts that BMW vendors give you. For no other | reason than the discounts, everyone should join. | | Check out the information about BMWCCA's Gateway Tech happening in March | of 2006 in St. Louis. | | http://www.bmwcca.org | | Tom Allen | President | St. Louis BMW Club
Add pictures here
โœ–
spare-me-spam wrote:

I'm a long time member and subscriber. I've got to say that I agree with you 100%. I find that this particular editor is off the mark fairly regularly and I have been tempted multiple times to write in and "try to set him straight", but I usually resign myself to the probability that it would not get printed and he would not listen,as he seems dead set in his firm opinions. If you listened to this guy the E36 was the worst thing BMW ever put out...
What a tool...
--
-Fred W

Add pictures here