What Car Magazine do you like most?

Truth hurts!! I actually own a corvette, the 2006 c6, so I like Chevy, and they do respect the new vette. C&D is a very good magazine.

Reply to
Dan J.S.

My fiance got me a subscription to car and driver for xmas, and after reading it for a few months, it seems they REALLY hate the big 3, chevy most of all. Does anyone know of a car mag that is a little less bias that I could get next time around?

Reply to
Paradox

Sort of. They expect every car to handle like a high priced high performance car and seem to have some disdain for the family sedan. If you want a good review of a supercharged Mercedes, they do a great job. If you expect an analysis of Lumina versus a Contour, this is not the magazine. You have to read between the lines.

In a recent issue the reviewed the 2007 Camry, but chose the SE model and were critical of the stability system. Perhaps they have a valid point on that model (considering the target market) but they did not say how well it performed for the other 80% of the buyers of other model Camrys that would like that feature.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

How 'bout this magazine?

gnman

Reply to
Charles

If you want to get a magazine that has positive reviews of GM products, consider something like Hemming's Muscle Machines. Some of the late

60s and early 70s GM products were really good.

nate

Reply to
N8N

The point is that C&D is an enthusiast magazine, and they expect that even a family sedan should be fun to drive. They'll pan anything that isn't involving for the driver, even the vaunted Camry. Now there

*are* family sedans that are fun to drive, just not made by GM- hence the criticism.

That said, I got to drive a new Malibu the other day and I have to say I liked it a lot better than my Impala. I'm going to see when it's time for a new company car if they will let me take a "downgrade" because I am definitely not a big car person. If I had my druthers I'd have a VW Jetta TDI with a stickshift, but my options are Chevy only...

nate

Reply to
N8N

Cars & Parts Collectible Automobile Hemmings Motor News Hemmings Classics

I only look at the ones with bikini gurls on the cover - I don't buy them.

Harryface

Reply to
Harry Face

What magazine are you really reading? CD is most definitely NOT biased for the Big Three. They take a pretty neutral stand on where things are build. Good cars get applause from them whoever's name is on the trunk lid. They love the Z06, but, hell, everyone loves the Z06 except maybe a few over-the-top Porsche heads.

You want a really amusing magazine, get a subscription to the Britt magazine Top Gear (they are kind of anti-US car, but they like the Z06, too). Expensive, but the best read among all the buff books.

Of the U.S. books, Car and Driver and Road & Track are the best. Automobile is a coffee table mag and Motor Trend is very superficial.

Reply to
Charles U' Farley

Oh yeah, even if you don't care for BMW's, the BMW Car Club of America puts out a fantastic club magazine call the Roundel that comes with club membership. It is superb. Great writing and graphics equal to any buff book and a really good technical writer who answers questions with NO pro-BMW bias (he told one person he would not buy an E36 BMW because they are unreliable - this in a BMW club magazine).

Reply to
Charles U' Farley