BMW warranty extension

Hi I have a 2002 745Li. The factory warranty is coming to an end soon, and I'm considering buying the extended warranty.

My supplying dealer has quoted me around £1500 for 3 years cover.

I've always had the extended warranties on my 2 740i Sports prior to owning the 745Li, but I hardly used the warranty, apart from having the battery replaced, and a couple of other bits

My 745Li only has 27000 miles on the clock. Should I buy the extra warranty??

What are your views?

Thanks

Paul

2002 745Li 2000 740i Sport 1998 740i Sport
Reply to
Paul Aspinall

My views (or anyone elses) are of no significance. You are the only one who can make this judgement. What is worth more to you personally? £1500 or the peace of mind that you will not have a bigger outlay for a major repair?

Personally, I do not buy these as I repair my own vehicles and always comeout ahead by not buying the coverage. Your situation and state of mind may be different.

Keep in mind, the company that sells the warranty *is* going to make a profit. That means that *on average* there will be less cost to repair the covered car at a dealership than the cost for the policy.

-Fred W

Reply to
Malt_Hound

Given that you have purchased the first model year of the vehicle, it may not be a bad idea to get the warranty.

Your E38's were mid and late model range cars. The E65 is a prototype. I wouldn't have bought it in the first place, but you did, so now you have to decide if it's reliable enough to go without the warranty.

Fred W. couldn't have put it better, about the profit thing.

Brett Anderson KMS

Reply to
KMS - Brett Anderson