CHECK ENGINE LIGHT CAME ON

CHECK ENGINE LIGHT CAME ON AFTER ABOUT 2 DAYS LATER FROM WHEN I INSTALLED A TV/DVD STEREO AND SUBS IN MY 1997 BMW, I USED THE AFTER MARKET HARNESS ADAPTER FOR THE RADIO WIRING.
WHILE I WAS INSTALLING THE RADIO , MY BATTERY DRAINED DOWN AND I NEEDED A JUMP START, BUT AFTER THE JUMP START AND A DAY LATER IT STILL DIDNT COME ON UNTIL THE FOLLOING NIGHT WHILE DRIVING DOWN THE HIGHWAY. EVERYTHING SEEMED TO BE FINE EXCEPT FOR EARLIER TODAY MY FRONT PASSENGER WINDOW DIDNT WANT TO ROLL DOWN, IT WAS THE ONLY WINDOW THAT DID THAT UNTIL I SHUT MY CAR OFF THE RESTARTED IT, THEN IT ROLLED DOWN, THEN TONIGHT A FEW MINUTES BEFORE MY CHECK ENGINE LIGHT CAME ON MY SUN ROOF WOULD NOT CLOSE AFTER ABOUT 9 OR 10 TRYS ON PUSHING THE BUTTON. THEN FINALLY WITHOUT SHUTTING OFF THE CAR THIS TIME I TRYED AGAIN AND IT SHUT. WOULD THIS BE RELATED TO ME NEW INSTALLATION OF MY RADIO? THER WAS ONLY ONE WIRE HARNESS CLIP THAT I CUT AND DID NOT USE FROM BEHIND MY STOCK RADIO. IT WAS THE SMALL PLUG THAT WAS PLUGGED IN TO THE BOTTOM PART OF THE STOCK RADIO , THE LOWER SECTION THAT CONTROLLED THE VOLUME , NOT THE TOP SECTION WITCH WAS THE TAPE PLAYER , PLEASE IN YOU KNO ANYTHING ABOUT THE STEREO WIRING FOR A 1997 528 I BMW PLEASE HELP ME, IM NOT SURE IF I MISSED ANYTHING .....THANKS

Probably upset something by the battery going flat and the jump start (better to charge the battery and start from that).
Also check for adequate suppression between the radio and everything else, loose connections etc..
R. Mark Clayton wrote:

i check all my fuses in trunk and glove department but none seem to be bad, the reason i checked the fuses is because i had taken the car in to have a diagnostic check and it scanned something about fuses, would you kno why, ill check the battery, and connections on radio, thanks for the info and if you kno anything else please respond , also if you should kno where i can get a wiring diagram on this model of bmw for the radio, i wondering what that old other harness clipp that was the smaller harness was, and if i should need to do anything with it . thanks,