different brand tires on same set of wheels

saw this thread while searching.....
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.autos.bmw/browse_thread/thread/86d5a7585074e0bd/d94b9152f1405639?lnk=gst&q=different+tires+on+wheels&rnum=7#d94b9152f1405639
so I have an offer to buy a staggered set of M contours...I want to use the Nexens tha tI currently have on the fronts and use the Kumho's that will come on the contours, as my rears
any weird handling problems to be worried about? can't seme to think that there would be unless you are tracking the car heavily but for normal street driving/highway speed driving, would this present a problem?
Thanks for your input...

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.autos.bmw/browse_thread/thread/86d5a7585074e0bd/d94b9152f1405639?lnk=gst&q=different+tires+on+wheels&rnum=7#d94b9152f1405639
Not IMO. Obviously the ideal is to have all tyres matching, but I don't see any real problem with having different make matching tyres on each axle. Mike.