E30 Antenna Problem

The other day my antenna went from funtioning perfe4ctly to stuck in the up position, now it retracts about 2 inches and then goes back up the same
amount. Am I out of luck and need to replace the uniit or is there some sort recourse? Thanks
Matt
'91 318is
Matthew Warren wrote:

You can either clean and lube the heck out of it (which is likely to work - it did for my E28) or get another mast for ~$30 from BavAuto or your favorite aftermarket supplier of BMW parts. -- C.R. Krieger (Been there; drove that)

having only last year done 2 electric antennae, i can tell you its not a big job; remove it, strip it out and clean it. once clean you can see if the teeth on the nylon drive are worn or not. if they are good, lubricate, re-assemble and test. when re-fitting make sure you re-connect the water drain. i seem to get a lot of water through mine.
keith