Fans not working 2002 530

I got in my car today, after i started it I noticed the fans were not blowing any air. I played with it a while and there was nothing. Even if I turned on the Air and set it to Max nothing would come out the
vents. I am assuming it is most likely a blown fuse, but could it be any thing else? thanks.

Commonly the final stage resistor. Costs about $75 and you can swap it yourself.
--
*A day without sunshine is like... night.*

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Usual fault - you will find it will start working again soon and then the fan will have a mind of its own by varying the blower. Replace the resister pack - its located in the ducting - in my car under the drivers side dash (remove the panel under dash). It looks like a small porcupine or sear urchin but made of aluminium About 50 from BMW (not available though patent parts). As you may guess - i just had mine done (the labour was 15 - it took him 10 mins)
It kicked in..... the fan did work as normal, it did not have a mind of its own. I will look into the reisitor pack. thaanks.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

It will wander - trust me. This is a well documented fault If you live anywhere near farnham I can recommend a good garage