gas prices (kinda OT)

Page 2 of 4
Dori A Schmetterling wrote:

Maybe if "soccer" introduced chearleaders?

Hey, that's an idea!
Trouble is, they may introduce advertising and cheer-leading breaks every 10 minutes...
DAS
"Peter Bozz" < snipped-for-privacy@rama.com> wrote in message
news:42ccc9b3$0$89751$ snipped-for-privacy@news.xsall.nl...
Peter Bozz wrote:

Easy... the kids form other countries have to walk (or run) miles t get to their soccer pitches, and that's half of their conditioning.
-Fred W

OMG, how can they survive without air conditioning, and a Starbucks Frapucchino after practice?

Is being rated 8-10 in the world sucking? Not the last I heard. And, if the US sucks, why did the U20 team beat Argentina and Egypt and tie Deutschland before losing to Italy? And why is the US's Women's team rated 1st?
Floyd

I assume U20 is "under twenty"? If they are indeed kicking ass, then the soccer moms have served their purpose: a new generation of top notch soccer players is emerging from the US.
Anyway, just I checked the Fifa World Football (yes, that's "soccer") Rankings: teh U Ess of A is ranked 10th! I might have to retract that "sucks" statement. Sorry... Old prejudices die the hardest.

Yeah, the US (men - the women have been on top for most of the history of international women's soccer ;-> ) have inched up over the last 5 years. They're not quite ready to bid for a WC, however, let alone win one.
Floyd (soccer dad)

like. the Groceries store, the local High school, College, doesn't matter. I took this pic in the Disneyland Parking lot. Every row looked just about like that.
http://www.socalrider.net/2005/Trucks.jpg

My God..... what is with you people....soon it's gonna become popular for each person to drive a Bus of it's own! :D
Nice pic...shame it was dark/stuffy though

Yeah, my camera is getting old and doesnt take well to odd lighting situations. I see a Canon 20D (with the L series 28-300 lens) and a Canon SD500 in my future!

That's what my son has; awesome camera and lenses.
Floyd
wrote

;-)
filip wrote:

That's probably because the picture was taken in a parking garage in the section that they send the large vehicles to. You can't fit these big trucks in the same sized spaces as regular cars.
-Fred W

So wait, if I understand you properly you found a bunch of large vehicles in the large vehicle section? what are the odds of that?
Matt

sized" parking lot. how many trucks of this size do you see, period, in your area?

There aren't all that many, really, though I live half an hour from the city, so most of the people around that drive trucks do so because they need them for their buisinesses, etc. The distance from common destinations is such that fuel economy is more important. I drive 30k+ miles per year, so fuel costs are a significant part of my budget. My miles are split between a Dodge 3500 Van and my 318is. Here in upstate NY gas is about $2.25/gal.
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com says...

I saw a report that said one out of every two vehicles sold in California last year was either an oversize truck or an SUV. California has not built a new petroleum refinery in 25 years, the few they have are stretched beyond capacity. Whenever there is a proposal to build a new refinery, however, the local people shout "NIMBY!!" (Not In MY Back Yard!) Then they bitch about the high price of gas. . . . Hummers and Hummer IIs are becoming very popular in our area (Central Kentucky) and some families are getting modified Ford panel trucks to run the kiddies to soccer lessons, and pick up milk at the store. It is REALLY getting out of hand.

Poland, 1 euro/L but I've LPG installation so I pay 0,425 eurocents/L

I've the same car, consumption in the city:14 (lpg) outside the city;10-11 lpg and I do not drive slowly;)
we have to remember that car with lpg has about 20% bigger consumption than on normal fuel Anax

under LPG i presume you're speakin about liquid gas, the one that comes in those orange iron bottles and is used for stoves...of course, the one you use in your car is specially modified installation for cars. it consumes about a liter more, but that liter is almost twice as cheaper than regular gas.

station for it?