Gas prices?

Because of our refinery here, our gas prices are usually about 20-25 cents lower than the national average, but the last 2 weeks they've been about that much ABOVE the national average. What's going on? Anyone know?

Reply to
Jane Galt

GREED!

Reply to
ED

What I would like to know is why motor oil is so much higher lately, even with the price of crude oil lower. IE: When gas was nearly $4 a gallon, and a barrel of crude well over $100 a barrel, "actually $130-$140 a barrel at the peak", the oil I buy was around $3.89 a quart. That was an increase over what it was before the oil peak. At the time, I thought $3.89 was sky high. But now a barrel of oil is back in the $70-$80 a barrel range, and gasoline averaging $2.50 or so a gallon, yet the price of the oil I buy is now appx $5.50 a quart. Something stinks. I smell greed.

Reply to
nm5k

Nope. Gas prices rise and fall around here with normal competition, but are almost always 20-25 cents lower than national average because we have a big refinery here in Commerce City.

About the only time gas prices rise to national average, is when the refinery shuts down in fall and spring, to put the idiotic ethanol ( burning our own food crops ) into, and out of the gas. ( you remember, the stuff that causes us about a 2 MPG hit to "save the planet".

So this is really weird, to see it 20 cents or so above what the news is saying is now the national avg.

UNLESS local demand is very high, I suppose. There's been massive amounts of traffic on the roads here for the last month or two, way more than even the normal tourist season.

Reply to
Jane Galt

Oh yeah, it's those greedy capitalist running dog imperialist pigs at work again, they should all be nationalized.

Reply to
Jane Galt

Glad to explain, if you can explain why gas prices go up 10-15 cents a day when crude jumps but drops 2-3 cents every 3-4 days when crude plummets.

Reply to
Michael Dobony

Not sure.

Jane Galt