need o2 sensor (e32)

my o2 sensor has gone bad; a friend pointed me to: http://www.magnumtuning.com/index.phtml?op=termek_elmelet&termek_id ) this seems kinda gimicky. can it really imrpove performance?
I google'd it but didn't find any NG discussions about them.
I'd skip it -- becuase what it does is fool the system to think it's running lean so it pumps more fuel in; making it really run rich. (or is it the other way around?, which would be worse....)

I bought the Bosch replacement for a Ford Mustang and spliced the old pigtail on. It runs the same as the BMW version for $42.00 and 30 minutes of my time. Autozone wanted over $120 for the identical sensor with a different connector. Why would you want something from a website that can't spell correctly and uses bad grammar? Kinda says something, eh? What model BMW do you have? Sometimes cross matching can save money and time.
Bill '86 535i
my o2 sensor has gone bad; a friend pointed me to: http://www.magnumtuning.com/index.phtml?op=termek_elmelet&termek_id ) this seems kinda gimicky. can it really imrpove performance? I google'd it but didn't find any NG discussions about them.
'Zone sells a Bosch universal 4-wire sensor for under $40. I think the number is 13713.