q's for Z4 owners

    I recently test drove an '04 Z4 with about 10 k miles on it. I was surprised at how light the clutch (pedal) was, especially compared to my
'95 325is. Was this a worn clutch, or are they all like that? If the latter, is this something you get used to? Has anyone noticed faster-than-normal clutch wear in this car?
Tia,
Mike
My experiance. I have an 03 Z4. The pedal is light. But compared to what? It is lighter than my jeep, but similar to my previous Honda. My Z4 has about 11k, and the clutch has not worn out. Will it soon go out? Is a light clutch a signal to wear anyway? I thought clutch slipage was the only indicator of a worn clutch. I thought that the resistance you feel when you depress the clutch pedal is against the springs and any linkages??
I can't comment other than that. Are you going to buy it?
snipped-for-privacy@pogo.umaryland.edu says...

I have an Alpina Roadster S (Z4 based) with 4k miles from new and it certainly doesn't feel 'light' in anyway. It depends what you are comparing it too I suppose. I certainly wouldn't say that it is a light clutch but this is too subjective. Test drive another Z4 and see what you think.
--
Sam

On Mon, 12 Dec 2005 13:06:29 -0500, Mike Klein

    Mine feels pretty much the same as the clutch in my 325i.     epbrown -- 2003 BMW 325i Black/Black 2003 BMW Z4 Black/Black