speakers for 93 325i

wondering if anyone here is familiar with the speaker arrangement in this car. I don't have it here (it's my sons) and I'm trying to purchase replacement speakers for the OEM units for Christmas.

Crutchfield says 5-1/4" speakers in the 'kickpanel' and 4" on the rear 'package shelf'.

I agree on the rears, seems right. But, on the fronts when I looked it seems to me that I saw two very small speaker grills in each front door, like a component set up. Maybe a 3 or 4" and a real small tweeter. I was thinking that 'kick panel' was in the door but I don't remember them specifically saying that. Could that be down under the dash possibly? I don't think I looked up under there.

Any help would be appreciated.

Chris

Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

The kick panel is the plastic piece in front of the door. Pretty much where you would kick it while driving.

Kyle.

98 740iL 01 525i
Reply to
Kyle and Lori Greene

The kick panel speaker is by the front driver/passenger's feet, not on the door. The kick panel speaker is actually not that bad. Far more generous than the read ones. The door contains a tiny tweeter, the grill makes the speaker look far bigger than is really is.

As for the rear, they are rather pathetic, and unfortunately a custom fit. However you can get an adapter from most good car audio shops that will allow a standard 6"x 9" speaker to be fitted which will do wonders for the sound.

Hope this helps,

Dodgy.

Reply to
Dodgy

Try this link in Real OEM which shows the two potential arrangements for the car...

Cheers, Bob

Reply to
Bob

Great info, thanks much guys,