New Z4 3.0si

I have a new Z4 3.0si on order, buying it through military car sales, no tax, at invoice price. I really like the car and that's all that really counts. My question is why do I see so many of them for sale what are the complaints that they are getting ride of them, most have low miles on them? Do you get tired of them after a while? One last question modifying it by Hamann good or bad idea (Body wise)?

Reply to
superfrog

I suppose they are not all that versatile as a long term car as they have no back seat and a relatively limited boot/trunk. Sports cars tend to be bought on whims and then get sold on when the novelty wears off or the finance costs get too high. Having said that I have owned a (from new) Alpina Roadster S for almost a year and see no reason why I wouldn't keep it for a good few more. For me it is a perfect vehicle.

Hamann mod? Up to you - personal taste.

Reply to
Sam Smith

There are a couple of BIG reasons. One: a lot of car of coming off warranty and/or coming off lease. Two: a lot of happy Z4 owners are moving up to the newer, faster models. For myself, I'm sticking with my car until the final iteration of the line - say 2009 or so. At that point, I plan to by the fastest non-M model and keep it until I die. :) The reason for the wait - I want to see if the engine from the 335i (the twin-turbo engine slated for the facelift version of the E90

3-series) makes it into the Z4. I don't have my hopes up, as this would crowd the M Roadster unless they put the new 8-cylinder M3 engine in that, and BMW won't have time. Speaking as an experienced Z4 owner: make sure you get the M-sport seats! This is the most common regret among Z4 owners. The seats are $500 to get when you order, and $5,000 to retrofit, if not more. If for some reason you don't like them (like you were dropped on your head as a baby or something), you can sell them to anyone for a healthy chunk of change. epbrown

-- "Everybody wants a normal life and a cool car; most people will settle for the car." Chris Titus

2003 BMW 325i Black/Black, 2003 BMW Z4 Black/Black
Reply to
E Brown