Re: e30 325I

how do you removed the top speed governor on a bmw 325is if there si any? thank in advance.

Slow down a bit boy racer... You'll live longer...
On Tue, 03 Jan 2006 14:20:39 -0500, "bmwdominican"

Don't think there is one. There might be a rev limiter though, if there is you'll need a new chip.
bmwdominican wrote:

It's in the firmware. You would need to re-chip the ECU
--
-Fred W

Just for grins, does anybody know what it's set at? Also, a rev limiter is a different animal from a top speed governor.
Chris

If I recall correctly, the rev limiter will kick in a few hundred RPMs over the redline on the tach. The top speed governor limits the car to roughly 150 MPH. But of these limits are modified on most aftermarket chips...
Rev limit on my son's 87 325is comes up quick when I'm burning through 1st gear... Damn gear is mighty short....
On Sat, 7 Jan 2006 15:44:55 -0600, "Chris D'Agnolo"

Chris D'Agnolo wrote:

I do not know what those limits are, but they are seperate and distinct. One limit for redline and one for max speed.
--
-Fred W

My '92 BMW 325iA Convertible German Spec. car definitely does not have any sort of speed limiter. Accordng to the speedometer reading, it reaches 212 kph on a straight road, which is approximately 202 kph in reality. When going slightly downhill, I have reached more than 220 kph. If the 212 kph would have been limited by a limiter, the car would not have gone faster downhill, I suppose.
Frank

Citroen - Made in Trance