Re: I found a good new car forum

On Sun, 23 Apr 2006 20:04:44 -0400, daytripper

And here's a handy-dandy little site with all the tools you need to sniff out just about anything about anything, all in one place:
http://www.dnsstuff.com /
--
Dan.

thanks - other groups (Cubase and sometimes Finale - music groups) get this crap. A tool is usefull. Terry

On Mon, 24 Apr 2006 00:35:18 +0000, Terry Cano took a five-minute break from flipping burgers to boot the etch-a-sketch and scribble out:

It is actually very easy, just go to the command line and type whois. For example for my url, you get...
Whois Server Version 2.0
Domain names in the .com and .net domains can now be registered with many different competing registrars. Go to http://www.internic.net for detailed information.
Domain Name: PERFECTREIGN.COM Registrar: GO DADDY SOFTWARE, INC. Whois Server: whois.godaddy.com Referral URL: http://registrar.godaddy.com Name Server: NS90.EDNS1.COM Name Server: NS89.EDNS1.COM Status: REGISTRAR-LOCK EPP Status: clientUpdateProhibited EPP Status: clientRenewProhibited EPP Status: clientDeleteProhibited EPP Status: clientTransferProhibited Updated Date: 08-Oct-2005 Creation Date: 21-Feb-2003 Expiration Date: 21-Feb-2007

<then a bunch of legal mumbo jumbo>
Registrant: Kai Ponte 1313 S. Harbor Blvd. Anaheim, California 92803 United States
Registered through: GoDaddy.com Domain Name: PERFECTREIGN.COM Created on: 21-Feb-03 Expires on: 21-Feb-07 Last Updated on: 25-Feb-05
--
kai - snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com
www.perfectreign.com

Man, that's cool.
Thanks

Here's one that trys to figure out where you live based on IPaddress
http://www.geobytes.com/IpLocator.htm

Hehe, it thinks I'm in Glasgow. It's 65 miles wrong. But the spooky thing is, I was there last weekend. Maybe it's just working a week in arrears???
;o)