brake pad & rotor question

I just changed front and back pads and rotors. Brakes seem "soft".

What might cause this? Do new pads/rotors need time to adjust? Oil on pads or rotors?

I did not bleed brake fluid this time.

Thanks for advice.

Reply to
Franz Fripplfrappl

And as a result you're likely feeling air in the system...

Reply to
daytripper

Why is this? I just changed my front pads and will be doing my rear pads in the near future. My brakes don't feel bad at all. Changing the pads and rotors should not have any effect on air in the system, should it?

Reply to
Voinin

Of course not! It's not the hydraulic system that's opened.

To the OP: Yes, it takes a few tens or hundreds of kilometers for the pads to seat properly. Nothing to be worried about, just mind that the braking distances will be slightly longer.

Reply to
Jan Kalin