Re: Top ten all american sports cars

An oxymoron surely: -

> >Mustang - heavy and ponderous >Cobra - fine in a line, but mind the bends >Corvair - "unsafe at any speed" (Nader) >Pontiac (Grand Am) - probably the worst drive I have ever experienced >etc.... > >Indeed are there any decent American [designed] sports cars made even now?

Ummm, duh -- ever heard of the Corvette? It's too heavy for my taste, but it cleans up in many comparisons, particularly those considering price.

Corvairs -- especially John Fitch versions -- were a blast. I owned three, during my mostly Alfa period.

The Grand Am was not even close to a sports car, but the Fiero was. Unfortunately, by the time Pontiac got it right -- the 1988 Fiero GT -- they had already killed it in the market.

And then there's the current WCM Ultralite, which is simply terrific (think Caterham with the S2000 drivetrain...)

-- Larry

Reply to
pltrgyst